Lesson 15, total of 28 hours driving.
- turn in the road ok
- positioning has improved a lot
- meeting traffic also improved, no fear of hitting wing mirrors of parked cars
- went up to 65 mph, without even realising, whilst in fourth gear, perhaps I should have changed to fifth gear
- did not run anyone over
Bad things/room for improvement:
- reverse around a corner: need to move slower and observe behind right shoulder
- parallel parking: ensure car does not speed up/use brake more when there is a camber in the road
- bay parking: use wing mirrors to see if car is positioned correctly
- roundabouts: stick to the left lane if the roundabout is wide, do not cut into the right lane; I did this several times without even realising
- hesitate less, pedestrians take their chance and cross roads haphazardly
Not a bad driving lesson, not an excellent one either. I thought I had the hang of the maneouvres, but today I practised them in different places, which put me off a little.
But I suppose that is part of “real world” driving.