Lesson five, total of 8 hours driving.
- drove from home, so drove the whole lesson
- learnt bay parking, even if it was in a very empty car park
- overtook the bus that overtook me – see below
- did not crash *thumbs up*
- bumped a kerb pulling out of the car park, instructor grabbed the wheel a bit frantically
- stalled, this time I had no idea why, happened all a bit too fast
- got overtaken by a bus on a carriageway when I was travelling at 45-50 mph
- then got overtaken by a car where there were “no overtaking” signs
- gear stick made crunching sound, I tried to change gears when the clutch wasn’t fully down
- drove a bit too close to parked cars, instructor grabbed the wheel a couple of times to ensure no smashed wing mirrors
I’d say it was an ok lesson. I usually get into the swing of things after driving for 30 mins, but as the focus was on parking I didn’t have time to get comfortable when driving. I notice my legs can get a bit tense, but I suppose I find the pedals a bit too far from my reach.
Note to self next lesson: raise seat higher so feet can reach pedals better. Also, read up on theory.