Lesson six, total of ten hours driving.
- went to fourth gear
- drove 50mph
- experience of slip roads
- went on two of the largest roundabouts in the city – and survived!
- learnt parallel parking
- bay parking was not happening for me, instructor informed me the parking spaces were smaller in this car park
- stalled at a green light, lifted clutch too high whilst accelerator was not pressed down enough, took a while to get the car started again
- went on the largest roundabout in the city – instructor took the wheel a couple of times, in between my shrieking of “oh my God we’re on the Ring Road!”
- nudged a wing mirror trying to avoid crashing into approaching car, was coming to a stop so only moved the wing mirror out of place, phew!
- got beeped when we had priority over the road, not sure if it was the car behind us or the car in front (that should have given way) that beeped
- was diverted due to police cars being everywhere – that was odd
Note to self next lesson:
- use handbrake more
- don’t nudge wing mirrors of parked cars
- change gears quicker before turning on a roundabout – one hand on wheel is scary on a major roundabout
So, all in all, a good – if quite stressful – lesson.