Lesson 20, total of 38 hours.
- good turn in the road, perhaps can use handbrake more/use handbrake before changing gear
- good parallel park, eventually. First attempt: could not see reference points due to rain on wing mirrors, moved to another car. Second attempt: as I was reversing into the spot a car drove up and parked in that spot, moved to another car. Third attempt: success!
- better positioning whilst overtaking parked cars and meeting traffic
- overtook a bus
- good control of car whilst turning around sharp corners
- did a test route, and it was actually ok
Bad things/room for improvement:
- absolutely terrible weather, thundering and everything, rain on wing mirrors made it harder to see reference points for manoeuvres
- bad weather also meant cars were overtaking me, cutting in, and running red lights
- pedestrians were also taking risks and running across roads without looking, this was not cool
- check mirrors before overtaking parked cars
- when emerging left, position car more to the left, especially at wide t junctions
- when emerging and joining roundabouts don’t have to use handbrake all the time, wastes time when I can just emerge straight away
As the weather was terrible I was quite cautious, then as other road users and pedestrians were taking a lot of risks, I became even more cautious.
I suppose this was a good thing, had I been travelling any faster I might have run over a couple of people, and I haven’t been taught emergency stop yet.
kind of made me think I am ready to book my test.