Lesson nine, total of 16 hours driving.
- good clutch control in traffic jams, left leg/foot sure got a work out
- changed lanes on dual carriageways pretty well
- managed to kind of cope ok with more cars on the road
- reversing round a corner is not my thing, yet
- car was positioned ever so slightly to the right every time I checked the speedometer
- got beeped at when letting a car in from a slip road
- was not aware of another speedy driver coming round a roundabout, instructor needed to brake as I was about to join the roundabout
- accidentally braked instead of accelerating round a roundabout, twice *hangs head in shame*
- side note: instructor informed me that, as I was looking ahead, he was looking in the central mirror and could see the swear words mouthed by the driver behind. Oops…
Well I thought that lesson didn’t go very well; my instructor, on the other hand, thought I had improved! I was driving at a busier time this weekend so I suppose I wasn’t as prepared to deal with so many other drivers.
Just when I thought I was getting the hang of roundabouts.
Next lesson: must not hover foot over brake once I have joined the roundabout. Bad right foot.